Join us disrupting settlements in the international over-the-counter energy trading market.
Join us as a “Java Software Developer” building backend Spring Boot and Blockchain microservices and reinventing how energy trading companies work. You will have a big impact in shaping our engineering culture and our platform, assuming responsibility and growing within our quickly developing organization.
Your focus will be the design and development of Java microservices, build toolchain and cloud environments. You will be part of an innovative SaaS application and you will take responsibility for the entire development chain, from software design, code quality management, build and cloud deployment. Together, we will be rethinking how energy trading companies work and you will be a key player in defining the user experience. Become part of an international success story!
- Small team of highly skilled developers – everybody has an impact
- Great opportunities to grow and develop your own career
- High autonomy and working with a modern tech stack: Angular, Java, Spring Boot microservices, REST, MongoDB, AWS, Docker, GitHub, Gradle, CI/CD, Ethereum based blockchain
- Explore new ideas and help define our frontend platform and strategy
- True startup environment and flexibility
- An environment that values entrepreneurship and creativity, taking calculated risks
- An awesome, modern office in the heart of Zurich
- Free coffee, water and a shower for the sporty, all 24/7
- Best equipment including a MacBook / Lenovo and AWS cloud environments
- Degree in computer science, completed training as an IT specialist or comparable knowledge from practical experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with Java backend REST services development
- Good knowledge in Java, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Gradle, Jenkins, Open API/Swagger and git – or similar technologies (a good developer does not depend on specific technologies)
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- Knowledge about when and what to test (Unit Tests, E2E Tests)
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies
- A DevOps “you build it, you run it” mentality
- The ability to work autonomously and in a result-oriented way
- Strong written and spoken English skills, German is an advantage
Fidectus is a Swiss-based company founded for the purpose of solving the specific problem of electronic Settlement Matching (eSM) together with and for the European OTC energy trading industry. Our cutting-edge technology utilizing Cloud and Blockchain allows energy traders to reduce their operational risk and cost, improve their collaboration and lets them manage their liquidity and settlement risk. We are growing to meet our clients’ needs. Join us as we develop our teams and platform, help us craft cutting edge products for energy trading companies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Java backend REST services development: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- German (Preferred)