We are Xtendify, a WordPress Theme & Plugin Provider.Through all of our Portfolios, we try to offer the best support possible for our customers. Since the business is running well, we need help with support and customer education.
First of all: this is a full-time freelance gig. You can choose when and where to work from, but the time exposure should be similar to a 9-5 Job.Your typical workday will start with answering all open requests in our support forum. During the day you should check the forum several times, clear follow-up questions and answer new queries. In short: make our customers super happy. This usually takes up most of your time. If the support queue is cleared your job is to create material to educate our customers. This means: write tutorials for the blog, create short Video Tutorials with a screen recorder and help write better documentation for our themes. All in all, we are looking for the equivalent of a full-time employee’s hours. (about 170 hours/month of freelancing)
Requirements for the Role
- 1-2 years of experience working in technical support or a customer service position.
- Open source content management systems.
- WordPress: knowledge of WordPress, Plugins, and Themes.
- HTML, CSS, Jquery and PHP Knowledge
- You have used Firebug, Chromes Debugging Console, Operas Dragonfly or a similar tool for web development before
- You understand the usage of file systems and the tools for remotely managing web content on a web or file server.
- You have experience with Elementor Builder
- You have previous experience with online Chat and/or instant messaging tools.
- You have previously worked with customers via phone support.
- Understanding of the core error codes associated with web hosting (eg. 404 etc)
- Positive Energy and enthusiasm. You believe in our values.
- Technical Aptitude: You demonstrate a keen knowledge of, and passion for, web technology or digital experiences. You are someone who learns quickly and takes ownership of your personal development.
- Effective Troubleshooting Skills: You demonstrate strong root cause analysis skills, through effective troubleshooting skills and you are able to quickly identify problems and solutions. You work well in a collaborative troubleshooting environment, while at the same time you can also work autonomously to arrive at the right solution for our customers.
- Communication Skills: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a strong command of the English language. Ability to accurately type 40 – 60 words per minute. You have the ability to establish a professional, friendly, and empathetic dialogue with customers.
- Excellent Organizational Skills: You’re a great multitasker. You can handle multiple requests at once and have an understanding of prioritization.
- Team Focus: Effectively work in a team environment that uses cross-collaboration and teamwork to solve issues. You enjoy working with others, demonstrate a willingness and ability to share your knowledge with peers and others.
- Customer Inspired: Demonstrate customer focus in every interaction with our customers. You actively listen and leave our customers feeling supported and understood.
- Adaptable: You are resilient and adapt to the changing business and landscape in the tech world.
Yes, it’s a paid gig, after all, you need to feed your dog and pay your rent, I guess? If you apply, make sure to let us know your expected monthly salary in US Dollar ($) or Euro (€). Just remember, I’m looking for the equivalent of a full-time employee’s hours and you can work from anywhere.You will receive payment on the 1st of each month after sending us an invoice for the last month.If you want to apply please use the form below.Be sure to include:
- Your expected monthly salary in US Dollar ($) or Euro (€)
- When will you be able to start the job?
- Details of your experience with WordPress
- Links to your personal site, blog, portfolio, etc
- Previous Jobs/Experience?
- Why you are the best guy/gal for this job
- Optional personal Information: Age, where do you live (Time Zone?), breakfast habits, dog or cat person, etc?
- Your Twitter, Dribbble, Github Account, in case you have one