For our location in Berlin we are looking for a (Senior) Web Engineer (m/w).
Do you develop professional web applications and have no room for spaghetti code? Welcome to the team!
Digital strategies and concepts only have value if they are implemented successfully. As a member of our Design & Engineering Team, you validate business and process innovations for our global customers by developing prototypes and MVPs. Together with colleagues from the Boston Consulting Group, you will work in an agile way on frequently changing topics.
As a Web Engineer you will develop appealing applications based on common programming and scripting languages as well as web frameworks. You will quickly familiarize yourself with new technologies, proactively overcome technical challenges and continue to develop your own abilities at the same time. When you start at the senior level you will also guide your colleagues.
The creative opportunities available to you
• Analysis of customer requirements and coordination of development targets
• Development of sophisticated web applications
• Conception and use of methods for continuous testing
• Setting up DevOps environments for software development, system administration and operation
• Use of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
• Processing of tasks in international SCRUM teams on your own responsibility
(at the senior level you guide other team members)
• Experience with the development of client-side web applications (e.g., based on AngularJS or ReactJS) and with cloud stack products (e.g., AWS, Azure)
• Fundamental knowledge of the design and use of relational and non-relational database systems (e.g., MySQL, PostreSQL, Oracle, Cassandra)
• Experience in the big data environment and with cloud technologies and products
• At least two years of relevant professional experience, at the senior level we expect five years
• Appropriate training or studies in a relevant field (e.g., computer science)
• Knowledge and experience of functional programming languages (e.g., Elixir, Lisp), software-defined infrastructure (e.g., Terraform) as well as modern content platforms (e.g., Drupal, Wordpress) are an advantage.
Do you have a professional appearance, a pronounced team spirit and the ability to communicate confidently in English? Are you open-minded with a strong desire for innovation and able to cope with the pressure of deadlines? Are you prepared to travel from time to time? If so, we offer you excellent opportunities for development on projects of strategic importance, a young, diverse and motivated team, appreciation and responsibility from day one, as well as an attractive remuneration package.
We look forward to receiving your application through our online portal. Any further questions? Please feel free to contact Mike Stertz, email@example.com or via telephone number +49 (0)221 5895 8324